The media industry in Malaysia, like most work sectors, suffered greatly when COVID-19 hit and with the change of government this year.
In the last year alone:
– Several newspapers closed down, reduced their newsstand prices or reduced the number of times it prints in a week.
– Many journalists and media personnel were retrenched or are in the process of being let go, with some going to court to fight their case.
– Journalists, bloggers and individual media entities are being investigated by the State or have court proceedings initiated against them.
Call on the Prime Minister, the Communications and Multimedia Minister and the Home Affairs Minister to act!
* By submitting this form, you consent to publicly provide your name and email address to the three recipients named above, as well as CIJ. Your data will not be shared beyond these four recipients.
* Dengan menghantar borang ini, anda bersetuju untuk memberikan nama dan alamat e-mel anda kepada ketiga-tiga penerima yang disebutkan di atas, dan juga CIJ. Data anda tidak akan dikongsikan kepada selain dari empat penerima ini.