The Centre for Independent Journalism (CIJ) is alarmed at the increasing use of police reports to try and silence genuine criticism and reasoned discourse.
- CIJ questions the need for an emergency proclamation...January 13, 2021
- Call for solidarity in advancing civil liberties and human...December 9, 2020
- CIJ calls for public disclosure of settlement agreement...November 22, 2020
- Civil society call for an end to intimidation and harassment...November 12, 2020
- CIJ wants police to stop using "secrecy" to curtail...November 11, 2020
- CIJ questions the need for an emergency proclamation...
TagsAnwar Anwar Ibrahim Bersatu Bersih 3.0 Communications and Multimedia Act coronavirus CSO elections free and fair elections Freedom of Assembly freedom of expression freedom of information Himpunan Hijau Internal Security Act International Day to End Impunity for Crimes Against Journalists Internet Blackout Day journalism Lynas MalaysiaKini Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) Malaysian Universities and University Colleges Act MCMC Media Council media freedom Media Reform National Consultation Official Secrets Act pakatan harapan Parti Keadilan Rakyat Penal Code PPPA Printing Presses and Publications Act (PPPA) Printing Presses and Publications Act 1984 (PPPA) Right to Information Right to Know Section 233 Sedition Act Stop 114A SUHAKAM Surveillance Thaipusam UMNO Women's March